This is an amazing cycling tour in central and southern Pelion. We will visit more than 10 traditional villages, ride on authentic trails, taste local wines and enjoy the best sunsets. It is not an easy tour, but ideal for women's groups since during the tour body massage, face treatment and many surprises will be offered!
Arrival at the airport and transfer to hotel in MAKRINITSA(MELANTHI). Late afternoon introductory meeting and general presentation of the tour. Delivery of bikes and equipment to participants and answering any questions. Quick analysis of the first route: Portaria-Agios Laurentios. Participants will have the opportunity in their free time to walk around and to get to know two of the most beautiful villages of Pelion, Portaria and Makrinitsa.
After breakfast, start for the first leg of the trip from Portaria (alt. 650 m) to Agios Lavrentios (alt 600 m). The trail is 18 km of moderate difficulty. Overall it will take approximately 3 hours with stops. One stop will be at the village square of Drakeia, which has a spring and traditional serving coffee under the huge plane tree. The day’s trail ends in Agios Lavrentios, where you will be taken to the hotel and where the car will be waiting for luggage to be picked up. The rest of the day is free for everyone to enjoy the area, spectacular views, a beer or ouzo. Late in the afternoon there will be a meeting to update you on the next day.
Breakfast until 9:30 and start for the next route from Agios Lavrentios (alt. 600 m) to Milies (alt. 400 m). Overall, the route will be 21 km. This section is one of the finest passing through streams, wild vegetation, and passing by picturesque chapels. The lowest point on the route has an altitude of 300 m, and at a few points it will be necessary to dismount and walk short distance.It is a uniquely beautiful route with stops for picnics in the woods, a visit to a monastery in the area and time to enjoy nature with a huge variety of flora. Arriving in the village, the luggage is collected and you are taken to the hotel. Walks along the cobbled streets of the village, visits to library, the old train station and local shops will fill our day. Briefing for the next day’s route in the evening between beers and appetizers in the village square.
A good breakfast until 9.30 and start for the next route from Milies (alt. 400 m) to Argalasti (alt. 260 m). Total distance 25 km, lasting about 3,5 hours on a route that is mainly on dirt roads. Beautiful picturesque scenery all the way to Argalasti. Traditional square with various shops under the trees, cobblestone streets and friendly people make this scene our attitude. We can relax, swim in the hotel pool, and enjoy the night life of the village.
After a good breakfast, the next section is from Argalasti (alt. 260 m) to Lafkos (alt. 330 m). The duration is approximately 2,5 hours and the degree of difficulty is low. Lafkos is a beautiful mountain village with lots to see and do: Visits to museums, walking, and visits to nearby beautiful places. The location, the view and the atmosphere is unique. In the picturesque square of Lafkos we will spend the evening eating traditional food and drinking local wine!
Breakfast and enjoy the area around the village.End of tour and transfer to the airport
From April to October
- A car will carry the baggage of participants from station to station.
- Anyone who wishes not to participate in any of the above routes can be transported by car at no extra cost.
- At the end of each section of the route, the bikes will be maintained and washed by us to provide you with the best possible cycling experience.
- After each arrival at the hotel, a relaxing massage can be offered for a small extra charge. This needs to be requested on the previous day for a minimum of three members of the group.
- Participants are to pay the cost of the tour to the organiser on the first day during the information meeting.
- The organiser of the tour may partially modify the program if it considers that there are reasonable grounds (e.g. bad weather, safety of participants, technical problems, etc.).
- During the course of each day, participants can spend their time as they wish. The programme is relaxed and aims to offer a unique holiday experience.
- For each leg of the cycling trip participants will be provided with organic fruit and a small snack.
- The organisers will arrange various activities for the participants during the tour. Depending on the dates, these might include, for instance, participation in local festivals, wine tastings, olive oil tasting.
Pilio (also known as Pelion) is a beautiful mountain in central Greece that combines tradition with high quality holiday conditions. The area offers a beautiful combination of mountain and sea. It is no coincidence that the gods of Olympus chose Pilio as a place of rest and vacation.
Finally, this programme is for those who love cycling and nature and want to explore one of the most beautiful places in Greece that still resists the ravages of mass tourism, and the aim of the tours.Organised by Cycle+hike Hellas is to explore the area while respecting the culture, the customs and the sheer natural beauty of the region.
- In the above price included:
- Mountain bikes and equipment
- Certified mountain bike guide speaking English
- Transfer from and to the airport
- Accommodation in luxury lodges with swimming pool if there ,in double room For single room extra charge 120,00 euros
- Breakfasts and dinners (excluded drinks)
- Museum tickets where exist
- Support car for all days
- Bio snacks, energy drinks and water every day